Do you need help deciding between a Mini vs Full Abdominoplasty?
A tummy tuck surgery is a cosmetic body sculpting procedure that firms up a person’s abdomen by getting rid of excess fat and skin from the lower as well as the middle abdomen. A mini tummy tuck is a kind of procedure that is less invasive and whose main focus is on the skin that is between the pubic bone and the belly button.
It is worth noting that as much as full tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck share the same name; they do not treat the same conditions. And the outcome of either of these procedures will determine if you do your homework when finding the best board certified plastic surgeon.
Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
This procedure treats minor pouching out of an individual’s lower belly when the muscles of the lower abdomen overstretch. It, therefore, can be said to be primarily a procedure of tightening muscles. When it is done alongside liposuction around the love handles, it truly does reshape an individual’s midsection.
There exist some limitations as well as conditions for this particular mini tummy tuck surgery. They include the following:
- The procedure isn’t an advisable procedure for skin tightening
- It only tightens a limited area that is directly above one’s pubic mound. In case one tries to tighten some more, he or she is likely to end up extending the scar sideways. This results to a longer scar that is not hidden as it should be. This is surely not the tightening that is going to make an individual happy about having the procedure.
- It, at most times, do not very well take care of stretch marks.
- It also takes care, not of the separation of the muscle wall that is situated above the button of the belly.
Full Tummy Tuck Surgery
This operation mainly treats two kinds of conditions. These are:
- Muscle separation below and above one’s belly button
- Loose or excessive skin in and around one’s belly
It is made up of two operations: a skin excision and a muscle repair. The part of skin excision is referred to as Dermatolipectomy. All the skin that is located between a person’s pubic mound and belly button is gotten rid of. It in this way takes care of the stretch marks that are found below an individual’s belly button. During the operation, the skin situated above the belly button is stretched so as to reach the pubic mound’s top.
A tummy tuck’s scar normally goes from one hipbone to the other, though this is not absolute. This scar may, however, extend beyond a person’s hipbones in case there is an abdominal skin fold or a lot of loose skin. An excellent surgeon can, however, place this scar strategically below the panty line.
There has come a third alternative for those patients having just very little excess skin and a minimal muscle separation or who do not want any scar that are visible. This procedure is carried out entirely through a person’s belly button.